This is The Outsider's original site; for all new music, please see my sister site

'Letters from a Sandblasted Land'


This site is up and running! Go there, enjoy the new music then bring me your bands. This is a participation game, people.

Friday 22 October 2010

After the fallout


I think I’d like to see this place once the bombs have fallen
Sallow husks etched into the backdrop
And a glorious infection of dust oversweeping man’s inability
To wander as free and as happy as before

An emphysema that grabbed hold of the earth’s mild milk
And soured it until dark spots appeared
As dark as dried blood and as fixed upon emptiness
As the man who had watched the aftermath of this beautiful end

A line drawn between here and nowhere had to pass through eternity
And an eternity which cannot be grasped must be destroyed
For me there is a time ahead, of unknown quantity
That no longer calls like it used to

Instead it groans and screams and murmurs that I should crawl back into the bunker
And pray that more bombs will fall and the infection will quicken
As for me this space holds my key
To watching as hopelessly as I did before

As the remaining world sits in the dust and weeps…

No comments:

Post a Comment